Conquer The Buzz: Professional Strategies For Stinging Insect Control In Kansas City
September 15, 2023
Fall is an excellent time to get out in the yard to enjoy a nice cookout with family and friends. However, stinging insects hovering near your food can send people running inside for shelter. These pests are most active in late summer and early fall when their colonies reach their peak numbers and there is greater competition for food.
This blog will describe the most common types of stinging pests that infest local yards and review the risks of having an infestation. We’ll also provide tips for preventing these pests from becoming problematic on your property. Learn how to effectively control stinging insects with effective pest control in Kansas City from the experts at Augustine Exterminators.
Understanding The Threat: Identifying Common Stinging Insects
Several types of stinging insects infest yards in our area, and learning more about each can help you to avoid dangerous stings. This list of stinging insects in Kansas City will help you to identify the species on your property:
- Bald-faced hornets are social wasps with black and white markings that build aerial paper nests.
- Carpenter bees are yellow and black solitary bees that look similar to bumble bees, nest in holes in wood, and rarely sting.
- Cicada killers are solitary wasps that are black or dark brown with yellow markings on their abdomen, nest in the ground, and rarely sting.
- Paper wasps are brown social wasps with yellow markings that build umbrella-shaped paper nests.
- Yellow jackets are social wasps that are yellow and black that build nests in the ground and aerial paper nests.
If you need assistance with stinging insect identification, the pros at Augustine Exterminators are here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection or for help removing these dangerous pests from your property.
The Impact Of Stinging Insects On Health: The Risks Of Infestations
Some of the worst stinging insects are social ones that live in large colonies, including bald-faced hornets, paper wasps, and yellow jackets. These pests will become particularly aggressive if they sense a threat to their nest, and each insect can sting more than once. Stings can be very painful, and for people who have an allergy to insect venom, they are pretty dangerous to have around your property.
Approaching a nest is risky and can lead to multiple stings. The safest way to deal with any nest around your home is to contact a professional company that offers stinging insect services. Call us today at Augustine Exterminators for assistance in safely eliminating these pests in your yard.
Stay Ahead Of The Buzz: Tips To Prevent Stinging Insect Infestations
While several types of stinging insects infest local yards, there are prevention strategies that will work for most species.
Here are some tips to prevent stinging insects around your home:
- Keep food and drinks covered when eating outside.
- Store garbage in tightly closed bags in containers with secure lids.
- Rinse out recyclable containers before disposing of them.
- Eliminate other insect infestations that may attract predatory stinging insects.
If you need help determining what is attracting these pests or assistance removing them, the pros at Augustine Exterminators are here to help. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection.
Safety First: The Importance Of Professional Stinging Insect Control
Professional pest control is the safest and most effective way to eliminate stinging insects from your property. Contact us today at Augustine Exterminators to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Kansas City or to schedule your free inspection and reclaim your yard from these dangerous pests.